By Philip W. Cook
An award-winning investigative journalist presents a traumatic new examine an underreported form of household violence―the abuse of men.
• the most recent examine figures and updated surveys at the incidence of intimate associate violence opposed to men
• own interviews and situations drawn from media assurance of politicians and different public figures
• a specific bibliography
Read or Download Abused Men: The Hidden Side of Domestic Violence PDF
Similar social psychology & interactions books
«Wir waren ein gefühlsunterdrücktes Volk. Wir blieben auf unseren Gefühlen sitzen, der Gefühlsstau beherrschte und bestimmte unser ganzes Leben. Wir waren emotional so eingemauert, wie die Berliner Mauer unser Land abgeschlossen hatte», schrieb der bekannte Psychiater Hans-Joachim Maaz in seinem 1990 erschienenen Bestseller Der Gefühlsstau.
In relocating past Self-Interest, psychologists, neuroscientists, economists, and political scientists speak about and expand state of the art advancements within the technology of taking care of and assisting others. Their insights support readers get pleasure from the human skill for conducting altruistic acts, on either a small and big scale.
The paintings of Transitional Justice examines the courting among transitional justice and the practices of paintings associatedwith it. paintings, along with theater, literature, images, and movie, hasbeen imperative to the understanding of the problems confronted in occasions oftransitional justice in addition to different issues arising out ofconflict and mass atrocity.
This can be the tale of the French Revolution advised from a mental and crew dynamic viewpoint whose goal is to make clear the workings of the progressive brain and the sentiments at paintings in society that pave the best way in the direction of revolution and conflict. The French Revolution used to be an immense milestone in Western social and political improvement: it carried inside of itself the seeds of a humane society yet become homicide and execution.
- Frailty, Suffering, and Vice: Flourishing in the Face of Human Limitations
- At First Glance - What Faces Reveal!: (What does your face tell about you?)
- Communication and Emotion: Essays in Honor of Dolf Zillmann (Routledge Communication Series)
- Perspectives on Violence and Othering in India
- Frontiers of Psychedelic Consciousness: Conversations with Albert Hofmann, Stanislav Grof, Rick Strassman, Jeremy Narby, Simon Posford, and Others
- Thinking about Feeling: Contemporary Philosophers on Emotions (Series in Affective Science)
Additional resources for Abused Men: The Hidden Side of Domestic Violence
Abused Men: The Hidden Side of Domestic Violence by Philip W. Cook