By Christopher Falzon,Timothy O'Leary,Jana Sawicki
A spouse to Foucault contains a set of essays from proven and rising students that signify the main vast remedy of French thinker Michel Foucault’s works presently available.
- Comprises a entire selection of authors and subject matters, with either proven and rising students represented
- Includes chapters that survey Foucault’s significant works and others that procedure his paintings from various thematic angles
- Engages generally with Foucault's lately released lecture classes from the Collège de France
- Contains the 1st translation of the broad ‘Chronology’ of Foucault’s existence and works written by way of Foucault’s life-partner Daniel Defert
- Includes a bibliography of Foucault’s shorter works in English, cross-referenced to the normal French version Dits et Ecrits
Read Online or Download A Companion to Foucault (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar philosophy criticism books
Whereas newest reviews of Nietzsche's works have overpassed the basic query of the which means of a lifestyles characterised by means of inescapable ache, Bernard Reginster's ebook The confirmation of lifestyles brings it sharply into concentration. Reginster identifies overcoming nihilism as a vital goal of Nietzsche's philosophical undertaking, and exhibits how this predicament systematically animates all of his major rules.
Commonly considered as the daddy of yankee psychology, William James is through any degree a tremendous presence at the degree of pragmatist philosophy. yet regardless of his undeniable effect on philosophical thinkers of all genders, males stay the movers and shakers within the Jamesian universe—while girls exist essentially to aid their endeavors and serve their wishes.
Within the guy challenge, Ross Honeywill posits that the opportunity of evil in all males is the social, political, and fiscal challenge of our age. Drawing at the paintings of social critics and theorists together with Zygmunt Bauman, Karl Marx, Hannah Arendt, Simone de Beauvoir, Jean Baudrillard, Slavoj Žižek, and others, the publication strains harmful masculinity via cultural texts, social structures, and daily life practices.
Whereas Kierkegaard is essentially referred to as a thinker or non secular philosopher, his writings have additionally been used broadly via literary writers, critics and artists. This use should be traced within the paintings of significant cultural figures not only in Denmark and Scandinavia but additionally within the wider international. they've been drawn to his artistic blending of genres, his advanced use of pseudonyms, his rhetoric and literary variety, and his wealthy photos, parables, and allegories.
- Volume 17: Kierkegaard's Pseudonyms (Kierkegaard Research: Sources, Reception and Resources)
- Friedrich Nietzsche und die Literatur der klassischen Moderne (Klassik Und Moderne) (German Edition)
- Excessive Subjectivity: Kant, Hegel, Lacan, and the Foundations of Ethics (Insurrections: Critical Studies in Religion, Politics, and Culture)
- Plato's Cleitophon: On Socrates and the Modern Mind (Applications of Political Theory)
- Re-Presenting the Good Society (Studies in Contemporary German Social Thought)
- Broken Hegemonies (Studies in Continental Thought)
Additional resources for A Companion to Foucault (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Foucault (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Christopher Falzon,Timothy O'Leary,Jana Sawicki